The number of abandoned cats and dogs is growing as people leave Hong Kong.
And departures and quarantine means that our team is shrinking.
If you can help, in any way, please get in touch:
Anything you could do would be gratefully received!
Team for Animals in Lantau South (TAILS) is a registered animal welfare charity based in South Lantau. We offer:
- Rescue, medical attention, safe shelter, and nurture and care to cats and dogs, including those who are stray, injured, abused, neglected, surrendered, abandoned or otherwise in need.
- Rehoming of animals with loving forever families.
- Commitment to de-sexing (spay/neuter) of dogs and cats to avoid needless suffering of unwanted puppies and kittens and ensure public hygiene.
- Education on responsible animal handling and care.
As a non-profit society, TAILS depends on the dedication and passion of volunteers and the kindness and generosity of donors and sponsors.
Since December 2018, we have supported over 350 animals.
Every animal we take in receives a health check, medical care, annual vaccinations, flea & tick prevention, worm treatment, microchip, rabies shot, de-sexing surgery and heartworm prevention.
We place our rescue animals with experienced foster families who give short-term care until they can be adopted into nurturing, safe, and stable forever homes.
Further, we support stray and loosely owned animals with medical care and de-sexing.
How can you help?
- Spread the word on TAILS and our rescue animals
- Follow us on social media to show support and stay in the loop
- Support one of our collaborators and partnerships across Hong Kong
- Volunteer your time and skills to let TAILS grow and help more animals in need
- Foster our rescue animals by opening your home to provide short-term shelter and care
- Adopt our rescue animals and give them their very own forever home
- Donate to help TAILS cover medical and operational costs and get tax deductible receipts
Too many cats and dogs die because humans have failed them and there is no one there to give them a second chance.
All animals deserve a life in which they can blossom and experience love.
We work tirelessly to create a world in which animal welfare is not the exception, but the norm.
Any support you can give to TAILS and our rescue animals in our quest will be gratefully received!